Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Review of Molokai Man By AJ Llewellyn


Molokai Man

BOOK DETAILS

Author: A.J Llewellyn
Publisher: Devine Destinies
Publish Date:
Cover art by:
Book Length: 116 pages
ISBN#: 978-1-55487-249-7
Reviewer: The one and Only Silver Pixie
Book Summery
Uptight New York writer Jack Christie has just inherited his grandfather’s estate including a small publishing house he never knew Cameron Christie owned. Among Cameron’s papers are the deed to an old house on the remote island of Molokai --they call it the last Hawaiian Island -- and a court summons. Cameron Christie is being sued by relatives of one of the last remaining survivors of the former leper colony, Kalaupapa. Cameron published a journal sent to him by the man who relatives say could not have written the book since he does not have the use of his hands and is senile. In an effort to hold onto the small amount of money that he’s inherited, his grandfather’s hard-earned business, not to mention Cameron’s reputation, Jack reluctantly travels to Molokai to solve the mystery. This shut-down New Yorker encounters more than he bargained for on this island shaped by myth and magic in the form of Alaka’i a man who begins to appear in his dreams. His fantasy world with Alaka’i becomes more and more real, confusing and frightening Jack, who has always managed to keep his emotions under control.
Molokai was a gift to me from my SO because like all men he did something to piss me off and I was tickled I got to use the Kindle Fire to read it. This is one of a growing handful of books from AJ’s BM time (before me). I have been trying to keep up with the present to be worried about the Past lol.
In Molokai we met Jack, a struggling writer in the big bad city. He has a crappy apartment with noise berating him from outside construction and a vicious tenant above him that not only plays loud crappy music is sleeping with Jakes boyfriend. To make matters his grandfather up and dies suddenly leaving him a half of a huge apartment, what he thought was a grieving partner of many years, a publishing house he never knew about, a law suite and a House in Hawaii on an island that was so unlike his grandfather and a mystery man haunting his dreams and his waking conscious.  Deciding that time away from the city and toxic people would be for the best Jack and his grandfathers grieving partner head for the islands too only find out that not everything is not like it seems.
Can Jack fix everything and find the man of his dreams or will secrets, lies and uncertainty do him, Hawaii has a away of revealing her secrets to those she deems worthy. Molokai had me biting my nails. I wanted and needed to know what happened. I refused to put it down so I picked a time when I knew all my kids were sleeping and I couldn’t be bothered. I was sucked in first page and there was no going back from there. My one and only disappointment and I hate to word it like that is I think it was too short. I wanted to know more I NEEDED to know more. Like any book you read of AJ’s based on the islands you know it’s going to be lush, intoxicating and highly educational. AJ have a wonderful talent for that and hot sex. Actually now that I think about it there is sexual tension but not hot Sex!!!! Know what this is a tenement to AJ’s writing skills. It took me 3days to realize there wasn’t any hot man sex in it… Sexual tension but not sex that I can remember!!!
On my Erect Peni Scale of 1-10 Even though there wasn’t AJ’s normal hot sexy sex I am going to give this book a 10 for HOT!!! I know it doesn’t make sense but when you read it you will know why I did this.
Lastly On my Must have Scale of Wait to Payday or Sell the Kids and/or Furry Babies… This is a no brainer sell, sell, sell, and Buy, buy , buy!  Molokai is well worth the money to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment